September 16, 2018
I think it would be a no brainer to build one if I was back in San Francisco, but I don't know about building an expensive piece of equipment while I'm in Taiwan since I'd probably need to ship it back to the US sooner or later.
Also, I think pricing for these components are more expensive in Asia (strange, right?) than in the US, even though most of this stuff is manufactured here.
Maybe I should just make due with Google Colab, since it's free.
I'll keep mulling this over, but here's a list of blog posts regarding building your own deep learning rig:
- Tim Dettmers
- The $1700 great Deep Learning box: Assembly, setup and benchmarks
- A Powerful Yet Affordable Machine Learning Rig for $2k
- A $1200 Deep Learning Rig
- Deep Learning Rig — Part One
- It’s Alive! My Deep Learning Rig for Part 1
- Build a Deep Learning Rig for $800
- Build a super fast deep learning machine for under $1,000